Organisations And Behavior-Btechnd
To achieve this unit a learner must:
- Explore organisational structure and culture
- Examine different approaches to management and leadership and theories of organisation
- Examine the relationship between motivational theories
- Demonstrate an understanding of working with others, teamwork, groups and group dynamics.
Use organisations you are familiar with as a base to answer all of the following task questions.
Task 1 – Organisational structure and culture
1a) Compare and contrast different organizational structures and culture. Use organisations you identified as examples to justify your answers.
(Assessment Criteria 1.1)
1b) Analyze the relationship between structure and culture for the organization you identified. Subsequently, evaluate how discussed structure and culture affect the overall business performance.
(Assessment Criteria 1.2)
1c) Analyze factors on how the structure and culture adapted by your selected organization would influence the individual behavior at work.
(Assessment Criteria 1.3)
Task 2 – Approaches to Management and Leadership
2a) For two different organisations of your choice, analyse how organizational theory underpins principles and practices of organizing and of management.
(Assessment Criteria 2.1)
2b) Compare the different approaches to management and theories of organization used by these two chosen organisations.
(Assessment Criteria 2.2)
2c) Identify different leadership styles adopted in these two chosen organisations and evaluate the effectiveness of these leadership approaches. (Assessment Criteria 2.3)
Task 3 – Motivational Theories
3a) Explain the different motivational theories and how they could be applied in practice within the workplace for the organization you identified.
(Assessment Criteria 3.1)
3b) Assess the relationship between motivation theory and the practice of management for the organization you identified.
(Assessment Criteria 3.2)
Task 4 – Working with others, teamwork, groups and group dynamics.
4a) Describe the nature of groups and group behavior within organizations you identified.
(Assessment Criteria 4.1)
4b) Investigate the factors that lead to effective teamwork and the influences that threaten success.
(Assessment Criteria 4.2)
4c) For the organization identified evaluate the impact that the use of technology has on team performance.
(Assessment Criteria 4.3)
- You should write this assignment in report style, although a formal report structure will not be required.
- You should use diagrams and tables of figures where appropriate ensuring to reference their source.
- You should include a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system.
- The report should be 2,500 – 3,000 words in length, excluding any appendices, and should be structured as follows:
- Cover page
- Contents page.
- Brief introduction to what the organisation is (or part of organisation) and which sector it operates in.
- Sections with clear headings and sub-headings for each section indicating to which assessment task the section refers.
- A summary of the main findings, evaluation and analysis.
- Recommendations for improvements in how the organisation approaches change management and conclusion.
- Reference or Bibliographies.
The report should be word-processed. See the DMS learner’s Handbook Section 4.10 for more details on submission format.
Throughout your report you should underpin your empirical findings with theory from the appropriate literature showing how practice corresponds to, or deviates from, theory.
The report will be assessed as follows;
Presentation and structure
Use of theory
References (Number and variety)
Outcomes and assessment criteria – Organisation and Behaviour
|Outcomes||Assessment criteria for pass
To achieve each outcome a learner must demonstrate
the ability to:
|1. Explore organizational structure and culture||1.1 compare and contrast different organizational structures and culture
1.2 analyse the relationship between an organisation’s structure and culture and the effects on business performance
1.3 analyse the factors which influence individual behaviour at work
|2. Examine different approaches to management and leadership and theories of organisation||2.1 analyse how organisational theory underpins principles and practices of organising and of management
2.2 compare the different approaches to management and theories of organisation used by two organizations
2.3 discuss different leadership styles and the effectiveness of these leadership approaches
|3. Examine the relationship between motivational theories||3.1 explain the different motivational theories and their application within the workplace
3.2 assess the relationship between motivation theory and the practice of management
|4. Demonstrate an understanding of working with others, teamwork, groups and group dynamics||
4.1 describe the nature of groups and group behavior within organisations
4.2 investigate the factors that lead to effective teamwork and the influences that threaten success
4.3 evaluate the impact of technology on team functioning within a given organisation
Performance Criteria / Grading
Each unit will be graded as a Pass, Merit or Distinction. A pass is awarded for the achievement of all outcomes against the specified assessment criteria. Merit and Distinction grades are awarded for higher-level achievement.
- The candidate has demonstrated a basic understanding of relevant research strategies and methods but with limited, generalized application.
- Mainly descriptive responses, little analysis.
- All outcomes are achieved by responses to set tasks
- Assignment has met the deadline for submission.
- As for a pass but with more analytical detailed responses.
- Assignment responses demonstrate a sound understanding and application of research strategies and methods
- Analysis of a contemporary issue has been conducted and the findings are presented appropriately
- Student uses a range of methods and techniques to collect, analyse and interpret data and information.
- As for a Pass but indicating a more sophisticated understanding, evaluating relevant strategies and methods and techniques. Valid conclusions and recommendations are given.
- Exhibits detailed knowledge and applies skills to check validity, reliability and confidence when collecting, analysing and processing data and interpreting information.
- Presentation of assignment shows an individual approach in presenting and communicating work coherently, using technical language fluently. Order Now