This is a solution of HND Marketing Principle Assignment in which we discuss Developing business
To cover all the learning outcomes you must attempt all the tasks. Failure to attempt all the tasks will result in a referral. To ensure good academic practice at post graduate level you must reference all your citations, in the text, in the Harvard format (see the programmers student handbook for more information). All references, in the text, must be listed on a reference page at the end of the assignment, but before any appendices.
Format your assignment by answering each task in turn, labelling each task, and subtask, with the appropriate number and letter. Please remember to put your name and student number on the strategic assignment.
After completing the Marketing Principles module you should be able to:
– Understand the concept and process of marketing
– Use the concepts of segmentation, targeting and positioning
– Understand the individual elements of the extended marketing mix
– Use the marketing mix in different contexts
The assignment is in two parts:
PART A is to be submitted for final assessment with Part B (i.e. in ONE document containing PARTS A & B) on 28 September 2015.
In order to assist with your learning and to give you some early feedback you are encouraged to submit a draft of your FULL ANSWERS to Part Aand / or an OUTLINE / PLAN of your answers to PART B to your tutor. You are then able to alter your work accordingly after receiving feedback and before the final submission.
This is optional and does not contribute to the grading for the module and whether you do this or not you must still submit Part A with Part B i.e. in one MS Word document, on 28 September 2015.
If you do decide to complete either, or both, of the ‘drafts’ then, in order to receive timely feedback,they must be emailed to the module tutor by 13 August 2015 latest.You can email the drafts/s to your tutor earlier if you are ready to but please ensure that you have worked through the learning materials BEFORE you put any draft work / assignment planning.
The tutor’s email address can be found on the module page on ilearn and you will receive feedback within seven working days.
In Unit 3 of the ilearn learning materials you will have discovered the basis of the 4Ps (the basic marketing mix) as well as the ‘extended’ 7Ps. This initial short assignment task gives you an opportunity to apply it and to receive some early feedback from your tutor.
You should identify two similar products with similar basic product features that aim at different CONSUMER (4.1)market segments. You do not need to concern about where the product was developed and made. It can be made locally or imported. For example you might compare a shampoo formulated for baby that can be used by adults and a shampoo formulated for women who suffering from hair loss. You should then use the table format shown below to illustrate, analyseand explainhow the two businesses use each of the elements of the marketing mix for the products/services that you have selected.
|Product or Service A||Product or Service B|
(3.1)Explain how products are developed to sustain competitive advantage
(3.2)Explain how distribution is arranged to provide customer convenience
(3.3)Explain how prices are set to reflect an organisations objectives and market conditions
(3.4)Illustrate how promotional activity is integrated to achieve marketing objectives
(3.5) Analyse the additional elements of the extended marketing mix
(3.5) Analyse the additional elements of the extended marketing mix
(3.5) Analyse the additional elements of the extended marketing mix
(You should try to use 2 x academic sources (one of which must be the core e-text recommended for the course) as well as 2 x non-academic sources (e.g. magazine article, website)in your answer to PART A ensuring to reference their source correctly – this will allow for a better balance of theory / practice in your writing which is key to a good grade.)
Scenario –Introducing a smart phone to your local market
You are the internet marketing manager of a well-known international smart phone designer and manufacturer. You are tasked to lead a newly designed Android based state-of the-art smart phone launch to your local market. The product has a lot of new features and functions that other competing Android based smart phones cannot offer.
You are required to prepare a marketing proposal to your business head highlighting the market competitive situation, customer characteristics and proposed marketing strategies for the product to the targeted consumer groups of your choice. You are to submit your report on TBA.
Your report should cover the following:
Task 1: Marketing Context (approx. 800 words)
- Explain the marketing planning process and argue“marketing oriented approach”for the smart phone product
- Outline some of the macro i.e. external (e.g. PESTLE) and micro i.e. internal (e.g. SWOT) factors for the smart phone company to consider when making marketing decisions(Assessment Criteria 2.1)
Task 2: Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning (approx. 1000 words)
Consider the new smart phone
Explain and propose segmentation criteria for new smart phone product for two different markets (e.g. using the approach of behaviour segmentation, benefit segmentation, demographic segmentation, or psycho graphic segmentation)
- Use examples from the two markets used in the above answer to demonstrate how buyer behaviour affects marketing activities in the different buying situations.(HND marketing principle assignment)
- Propose a suitable targeting strategy and positioning for smart phone product.
Task 3: Marketing Mix / Marketing mix in different contexts (approx. 700 words)
- Plan the marketing mix (including all 7Ps) for the smart phone in BOTH consumer and business markets – this will help you to illustrate the differences that the smart phone might have to consider when marketing smart phone product to business esrather than consumers.
- Discuss and show how and why the smart phone might have to adapt the marketing mix if they were to also offer the new product to an international market.
- You should write the answers to PART A and PART B in an INFORMAL REPORT layout. You should produce a coherently written document that responds to each of the assignment tasks in turn.
You should write your answers taking care to explain and evaluate your ideas and knowledge of how the theories and concepts studied in the QCF Marketing Principles module apply to the assignment scenario. You should also underpin your analysis with relevant references to theory whilst at the same time ensuring that you write your assignment in your own words as far as is possible.
Please ensure that you check your final work against the assessment criteria grid for completeness – you must have addressed each of the Pass Grade assessment criteria in order to pass the module.
See more about : Community And Education Studies
A Pass grade will be awarded for answers that meet the requirements of each question adequately but without any real attempt at analysis or evaluation & with little insight into the presented by the case scenario. Merit and Distinction grades will be awarded for answers that contain further / more detailed analysis and evaluation – see the assessment grid at the end of this brief for details of how the different grading criteria could be met.
It is also suggested that students include reference to, and demonstrate that they have read, at LEAST 3 relevant academic texts throughout the assignment.
- You must ensure that the submitted assignment is all your own work and that all sources used are correctly attributed. Penalties apply to assignments which show evidence of academic unfair practice. (See the Student Handbook which is in the Induction Area). Please also refer to the ‘Guide to Unfair Practice in Assessment’ on the module page on ilearn.
- You MUST underpin your analysis and evaluation of the key issues with appropriate and wide ranging academic research and ensure this is referenced using the Harvard system. The ‘My Study Skills’area contains the following useful resources; Study Skills Guide (containing a Harvard Referencing section) and a Harvard Referencing Interactive Tutorial. You must use the Harvard Referencing method in your assignment.
- You should use diagrams and tables of figures where appropriate ensuring to reference their source using the Harvard Referencing method.
- It is advised that you write your assignment report within approximately 3500 words in order for your research and summarising skills to be developed, and for effective time management. You are required to ensure that the assignment addresses all of the assessment tasks .There is no penalty for being over the suggested word count, however, in the interests of good academic practice, assignments submitted with excessive word counts (e.g. over 4000 words) may be returned to students and asked to be reduced before marking. (HND marketing principle assignment)
The word count excludes the title page, reference list and appendices. Where assessment questions have been reprinted from the assessment brief these will also be excluded from the word count. ALL other printed words ARE included in the word count. Printed words include those contained within charts and tables.
- Your assignment should be submitted as a single document. For more information please see the “Guide to Submitting an Assignment” document available on the module page on i Learn.
Assessment Criteria for PassTo achieve a pass you must meet all of the assessment criteria as stated below. Failure to cover all of the assessment criteria will result in a referral grade and you be required to re-submit your assignment.Further guidance on completion of your assignment can be found in the guidance notes which are posted on the group learning space by your module tutor. For additional support please post questions onto the group learning space, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For tutor use
(you may wish to use this in your preparation for your assignment submission)
|LO1 Understand the concept and process of marketing|
|1.1 explain the various elements of the marketing process||Part B Task 1|
|1.2 evaluate the benefits and costs of a marketing orientation for a selected organisation||Part B Task 1|
|LO2 Be able to use the concepts of segmentation, targeting and positioning|
|2.1 show macro and micro environmental factors which influence marketing decisions||Part B Task 1|
|2.2 propose segmentation criteria to be used for products in different markets||Part B Task 2|
|2.3 choose a targeting strategy for a selected product/service||Part B Task 2|
|2.4 demonstrate how buyer behaviour affect marketing activities in different buying situations||Part B Task 2|
|2.5 propose new positioning for a selected product/service||Part B Task 2|
|LO3 Understand the individual elements of the extended marketing mix|
|3.1 Explain how products are developed to sustain competitive advantage||Part A|
|3.2 explain how distribution is arranged to provide customer convenience||Part A|
|3.3 explain how prices are set to reflect an organisations objectives and market conditions||Part A|
|3.4 illustrate how promotional activity is integrated to achieve marketing objectives||Part A|
|3.5 analyse the additional elements of the extended marketing mix||Part A|
|LO4 Be able to use the marketing mix in different contexts|
|4.1 plan marketing mixes for two different segments in consumer markets||PARTA &
Part B Task 3
|4.2 illustrate differences in marketing products and services to businesses rather than consumers||Part B Task 3|
|4.3 show how and why international marketing differs from domestic marketing
|Part B Task 3|
|Assessment Criteria for Merit
To achieve a Merit all of the Pass criteria need to be met, then the tutor will assess whether you have met the Merit Criteria. Each of the Merit criteria must have been met at least once within the assignment.
The following statements are examples of how a merit may be achieved, if you do meet the Merit Criteria by showing you have reached this level in other ways then credit will be awarded for this. You will need to meet M1, M2, M3 at least once.
|· A range of sources of information (including at least 3 relevant academic sources) have been used in the explanation of factors affecting marketing and hospitality activities / decisions in the chosen org. e.g. PEST factors, and segmentation criteria etc .
· The marketing mix elements have been covered in detail with successful application of the mix to the two products (PART A) and / or the assignment scenario (PART B)
|Assessment Criteria for Distinction
To achieve a Distinction you have met all of the Pass and the Merit criteria. Each of the Distinction criteria must be met at least once within the assignment.
The following statements are examples of how a Distinction may be achieved, if you do meet the Distinction Criteria by showing you have reached this level in other ways then credit will be awarded for this. You will need to meet D1,D2,D3 at least once.
|Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions
|Take responsibility for managing andorganising activities
· Independent research, much of which is outside of what has been provided in the study materials / assignment brief, has been utilised to prepare a thorough, detailed and very well structured and excellently presented report.
· Evidence of effective use of several, relevant, good quality academic sources being used to show how marketing theory relates to the assignment scenario.
· Assignment is completed fully and on time
|Demonstrate convergent/lateral/creative thinking
Btech HND Assignment UK provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now