This is a solution of Customer Service that describes about Developing business
This unit focuses on learners’ personal development and their career in hospitality service provision. It explores a range of customer service principles and practices.
Using the knowledge developed throughout this qualification, learners will have the opportunity to actively demonstrate the roles and responsibilities of a good customer service representative and quality service delivery in the context of sports and leisure and hospitality and catering.
This may be through part-time work, field work or observation including role play. This experience will enable them to consider how the unit and the programme can contribute to their career development.
The aims of this assignment are to measure the outcome of students’ learning in terms of knowledge acquired, understanding developed and skills or abilities gained in relation to achieve the learning outcomes.
All learners must achieve TASKs 1 to 4 outlined below.
The assignment comprises an essay to be written under several broad topics. Relevant areas for discussion have been identified under each broad topic. The beginning of each section should outline a general introduction to the broad topic with the objective of providing a contextual background to the areas of discussion to follow. Relevant references and academic quotes and the use of case examples are required as evidence of broader reading and research.
In part of the assignment you are required to write a report and review the customer service culture and quality service in the business and environment. Wherever relevant, make reference to hospitality businesses to support the theoretical context of this unit.
There is nothing like an attentive staff to keep customers happy. And effective management of customer feedback is of great importance to customer satisfaction. Customer’s comments are a chance for organization to do better in their customer service delivery.
According to Higgins “Too often, people in the industry take it as a personal criticism instead of an opportunity to change. And if you are not listening to your customers, someone else will.”(Higgins, 2006)
Responding to customer needs and expectations are the key to success of any hospitality organization.
Specification of Assessment
- Present your work in one business report style which should include table of contents, reference list, foot or end notes and appendices if any
- Include the reference code of this assignment on your assignment submission front page.
- Each page must be numbered at the bottom right hand side.
- Ensure the following information is in the footer on every page:
- Your name
- The production date of your submission
- The code number of your assignment brief
- The page number
- Spell-check the document and make sure there are no grammatical errors.
- Complete all the tasks.
- Produce clear specific reasoning and arguments in support of your answers.
- Submit your work in a single work processed document of not more than 5000 words for all Learning Outcomes. This word limit is only for guidelines, and is not applied to grading.
- You must include a bibliography at the end to show where your information was sourced.
- Your sources must be identified using the Harvard referencing system. The words used in your bibliography will not be included in your word count.
Task 1: Case Study Submission date-24/10/2014
You have successfully been employed by a new 5star Hotel located in the City of London, as part of the hotel regulation, they are required to have a standard customer service policy. You have been requested by the top management to prepare written information on customer service policy to be included in the company policy manual.
1.1/1.2: Produce information containing an acceptable standard of customer service policy for the organisation and discussing reasons for using these customer service policies. (P1)
In addition indicate how these policies can assist future staff training and development in the organisation. (P2)
- Group Work- Business Report Format
- 500words Individual Reflection (Stating your contribution to the group task, including your overall understanding on the task performed (1.1,1.2 & M1)
Please reference your source of information such as any sampled real organisation exiting customer service policy and hand in a hard copy of your work on the date stated above.
Show appropriate use of structure (such as using table format) in describing customer service policy and use of real examples within UK and its environs (Merit 1)
Task 2 Group Work: Poster Submission date-24/10/2014
Produce a poster with notes illustrating the different communication method and demonstrate how it is used for best effect and its influence on customer perception of during customer service delivery (AC2.1/2.2)
Provide real industry example where appropriate and there should be clear use of reference on the information used.
- Group Work- Poster
- 500words (Microsoft word format) Individual Reflection (Stating your contribution to the group task, including your overall understanding on the task performed (2.1,2.2 & M2, D3)
In addition, include in your poster creative diagrams and pictures to show various communication methods and its uses. (Merit 2)
You should show evidence of innovative and creativity on the customer service policy designed (D3)
You are expected to submit a copy of the poster on the due date and with each group member of the group should submit a soft copy of the poster using Turnitin account.
Task 3: Individual Report Writing Submission date- 28/11/14
You have applied for a position as a manager in a hospitality organisation (hotel, pubs, restaurant etc), you have been invited for interview and as part of the selection process you have to produce report showing the investigation carried on customer service requirement and expectation in the organisation. You are expected to conduct a research to investigate customer requirement and expectation.
- Assess sources of information on customer requirements such as information through customers, staffs, business management, customer records and past information) and satisfaction levels (AC5/M3)
- Carry out research using customer requirements and satisfaction levels for the organisation and suggesting potential improvements based on the outcome of the research (AC6)
You MUST show evidence of use of primary and secondary research method and please include references where appropriate.
D1: Give valid conclusion and recommendation for improvement from the outcome of research conducted (Distinction 1)
Task 4 Role Play/Observation Submission date-28/11/14
Assessment Method: Individual/Group Work with (Must show VIDEO evidence to the tutor): Individual assessment and reflection (report)/Transcribe Video content
Assuming you have just been employed and trained to work in a Fast Food company and your supervisor has been asked by the manager to assess your customer service skills and you have been asked to demonstrate how to deliver good customer service. (4.1)
Afterwards, in not less than 300-500words or more review own performance during the role play stating what you feel you need to improve and make constructive recommendations (4.2/D2)
It is very important you arrange all the necessary tools that will assist you in showing customer service delivery and there MUST show Video evidence for the customer service delivered
Final Submission and Turnitin closing date (ALL TASKS): 5/12/2014
- Task 1 (Group Report)
- Task 2 (Group Poster)
- Individual Reflection on Task 1
- Individual Reflection on Task 2
- Individual Report on Task 3
- Video Transcribe on role play (4.1) and Review (4.2)on Task 4
Must show all evidence of sources used using Harvard Referencing Style
Achievement of a pass grade
A pass grade is achieved by meeting all the requirements defined in the assessment criteria for each individual unit.
Achievement of a merit or distinction grade
All the assessment criteria and merit grade descriptors need to be completed within a unit to achieve a merit grade.
All the assessment criteria, merit and distinction grade descriptors must be completed within a unit to achieve a distinction grade.
Any learner submission that does not meet a targeted assessment criterion must be re-submitted by a date specified by the assessor.
|Grade Descriptors||Indicative Characteristics||Contextualised Grade Guidance|
to find appropriate
Select / design and
work and justify
lateral / creative
Any act of plagiarism and collusion will be seriously dealt with according to the regulations. In this context the definition and scope of plagiarism are presented below:
‘Plagiarism occurs when a student misrepresents, as his/her own work, the work, written or otherwise, of any other person (including another student) or of any institution. Examples of forms of plagiarism include:
- the verbatim (word for word) copying of another’s work without appropriate and correctly presented acknowledgement;
- the close paraphrasing of another’s work by simply changing a few words or altering the order of presentation, without appropriate and correctly presented acknowledgement;
- unacknowledged quotation of phrases from another’s work;
- The deliberate and detailed presentation of another’s concept as one’s own.’
All types of work submitted by students are covered by this definition, including, written work, diagrams, designs, engineering drawings and pictures.
‘Collusion occurs when, unless with official approval (e.g. in the case of group projects), two or more students consciously collaborate in the preparation and production of work which is ultimately submitted by each in an identical, or substantially similar, form and/or is represented by each to be the product of his or her individual efforts. Collusion also occurs where there is unauthorised co-operation between a student and another person in the preparation and production of work which is presented as the student’s own’. Unless stated otherwise, you must not produce assignments in disqualified for the assessment.
All submissions will be via Moodle and processed by Turnitin to check for plagiarism. You should aim for an overall score of no more than 15% with no single source over 4%.
If an extension is necessary for a valid reason, requests can me made using a course work extension request form available from the college. Please note that the lecturers do not have the authority to extend the coursework deadlines and therefore do not ask them to award a coursework extension.
The completed form must be accompanied by evidence such as a medical certificate in the event of you being sick.
Btech HND Assignment provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now