Management Of Health And Safety
This assignment delves with the aspect of health and safety in the HSC workplace. In this respect, Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust has been taken into consideration. An assurance is provided by care planning in respect of the fact that, there is an efficient strategy in relation to safety, which occurs towards the implementation of safety policies regarding individual as well as organizational health and social care. In this respect, Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust will be actualizing these needs with the help of intensification of the employee welfare, implementation of the principles relating to better practice as well as securities and meeting the staff requirement through the enhancement of securities. Earlier, care planning of the organization was not efficient enough in respect of the patients.
a) Review the way in which, in your own workplace, the systems, policies and procedures for communicating information on health and safety comply with legislation. (LO1.1)
There is the need for having efficient methods regarding health and safety legislation with the help of which there occurs the implementation of policies, systems as well as procedures. The systems, policies and procedures need to comply with the structures as well as processes regarding NHS. The steps that need to be reviewed for complying with the aforesaid three aspects are mentioned as under,
- Care Planning – An assurance is provided by care planning in respect of the fact that, there is an efficient strategy in relation to safety, which occurs towards the implementation of safety policies regarding individual as well as organizational health and social care. In this respect, Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust will be actualizing these needs with the help of intensification of the employee welfare, implementation of the principles relating to better practice as well as securities and meeting the staff requirement through the enhancement of securities. (Lancaster, 2010) Earlier, care planning of the organization was not efficient enough in respect of the patients.
- Dilemmas – In respect of health and social care, different kinds of dilemmas are faced by efficient workplace communication. For ensuring the productivity of the overall method, there exist certain factors that are required to be taken into consideration like risk benefits analysis, individual risk as well as risk to others, proposition of resource utilization as well as various stakeholder precedence. (Iqbal, 2011)
- Health and safety management – It is Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust’s responsibility towards monitoring as well as evaluating policies in respect of health and safety for implementation. The performance of this can occur by inspecting as well as auditing the place of work through the utilization of the management information system or structure as well as representation of management. (Harrell, 2011) The organization used to lack high standard in relation to management as well as agreement failure regarding responsibilities towards managerial as well as leadership aspects.
- Personal and organizational practice – In respect of the implementation as well as communication of health and safety policies, there occurs a variance in the policies, systems and procedures from one place of work to another place of work. Individual practices as well as procedures like personal requirements as well as responsibilities, changing aspects regarding practice as well as relationship amongst service users and service providers were not being entirely performed at Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust.
- Safety and health environment – It is regarded as the most crucial policies and procedures regarding communication of health and safety care. For leading an environment that is considered to be safe and healthy, Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust is required insisting on compliance, accountabilities, practices, training, as well as ways by which different groups, individuals as well as agencies are having interaction. (Lancaster, 2010)
- Monitored and reviewed – This is, in general having the involvement of practice reviews, risk and threat auditing, updating the polices as well as procedures and learning from experiences. There is need for Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust towards monitoring as well as investigating these aspects for avoiding sudden mishaps like the death of a service user. Earlier, there occurred failure in respect of the organizational board of trustees for Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust towards listening to the problems of the patients as well as providing appropriate care and support for them.